Saturday, July 28, 2012

Rafting makes me happy :)

I apparently was very sheltered growing up because I have never been rafting until today, it was amazing would be an understatement! If you haven't been, you really need to make a trip. After hearing our instructor mention the word fatal I had my doubts in whether this was as safe as everyone made it out, but I decided to go on. There was a point when I was younger when I could of went to this amazing aquarium and I got scared and decided not to go...still regretting that decision so that is not going to happen again. After getting aboard the small inflatable vessel we took off...six of us or three couples...however you want to look at it. We made it through the first little "drop" with little trouble...unlike some other couples. Attempted to have a dip in the water, but as it turns out water that doesn't stay still never warms up so it was like sticking your body in an ice bath. I've never had an ice bath but the thought never appealed to me so I don't think I'll be partaking any time soon. After a couple more drops and a few getting stuck on rocks we make it to the rock my hubby has been talking about since the word rafting was dropped. We make our way to the edge to get out but don't actually "catch," Zach jumps out and tried to pull us....nothing...I jump out thinking, "I could save the day and do it." Epic fail. We both float down...me screaming at anyone near to get me out of the water NOW! Dear sweet Allen....no idea what his last name is but he saved my life and Zach's for that matter. After getting pulled into the boat we make our way to the "rock." Zach and I tried being cute and hold hands on the way into the very creek that just chewed us up and spat us out freezing and frantic. Why did we think the outcome would be different? It was...let me not overstate this....THE COLDEST THING I'VE EVER FELT! So fun but I would rather face the rock climb than stay another minute in the water so that's what I did. My wonderful raftmates got us safely back with a lot of yelling from Zach..."left side, right side," but it was an amazing experience and I am so glad we went. Thanks to everyone who got it together and who played any part of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment