Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Flowers and Flooding

This morning I woke up to a pot full of coffee my hubby made me and beautiful flowers he had sent the day before....for no reason!
I sat down to read my morning emails and write my blog, when all of a sudden my phone starts beeping  saying tornado warning and I hear tornado sirens going off. I stress real easily over anything so being here with both boys during even a tornado warning had me on edge.
 Luckily we just had slight flooding...this was taken early on and the backyard is completely under.
We weren't really near where it got bad, but my hubbys work was, so he spent the morning in his work bathroom with the rest of his office. Thankfully his work was fine. So here is what I had started this morning!
 About a year ago I was all about plain cotton shirts with jeans...very plain. I realized you can still rock plain shirts and be fashionable, if they have just a little detail. I love this shirt! I bought it on sale at JCPenney for around $9! Add a great necklace and belt (remember belts always make your waist look smaller!) and you have just jazzed up you little tee!
I am also in need of another giveaway, but can't decide what to do...makeup, jewelry...any ideas please leave!

 Tee JCPenney/ Necklace Ann Taylor Loft/ Jeans AE/ Belt Betsy Johnson/ Shoes AE (old)/ Trench Express (last year)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I would have freaked out too! I'm glad everyone is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been so scary! Love your outfit, and the beautiful flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete